Join our Team
We Love Our People
Shift Supervisor – Carrickcarnon
Posted on 27th February 2023
Our fuel customers don’t spend long with us, so our Shift Supervisor/ Personal Pump Attendants need to make a lasting impression as they take payments, attend fuel pumps and keep the forecourt looking its best.
Commitment to customer care is key and our Personal Pump Attendants will work as part of an existing team in meeting this commitment.
1. The pump attendant must be polite to the customer at all times.
2. Activate fuel pumps and fill fuel tanks of vehicles to specified levels.
3. Provide customers with information about local roads or motorways if possible.
4. Sell other items stocked within the office; ensuring that stock is at the required level.
Cash Handling responsibilities
5. Ensure customers have paid for fuel; before filling from the pump as much as possible.
6. Collect cash payments from customers and give change, or charge purchases to customers' credit cards and provide customers with receipts.
7. Manage the queues within the forecourt area.
8. Make sure the work area is in good order and the forecourt is well maintained.
9. Ensure that all litter is picked up and rubbish bins are emptied.
10. Ensure that all pumps are washed and the forecourt area is power hosed.
11. Keep the office area clean, tidy and well-maintained at all times.
12. Any shortages and drive-outs will be dealt with by the shift manager and chargeable from the wages of all people responsible.
Line Manager Reporting
13. Actively partaking in meetings as and when required.
14. Attending required training and ensuring a certificate of completion is forwarded to HR.
15. Participation in appraisals and performance reviews to assess your overall performance, duties, training requirements and development.
16. Adhering to the rules and regulations and Health and Safety guidelines of the company and the rules and regulations around your role.
17. Demonstrate confidentiality at all times.
18. Commitment to customer care at all times.
19. Taking responsibility and accountability for your role and actions.
20. To undertake other such reasonable duties as shall from time to time be required by the company, within the competency of the postholder.
- Experience – ideally at least 1 years demonstrable experience in a similar position with evidence of cash handling responsibility.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to demonstrate commitment to customer care.
- Ability to work as part of team as well as on own initiative.
- Ability to carry out tasks as required and work calmly under pressure.
- Professional and pro-active approach.
For more information, or if you have any enquiries, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].